Kellyanne Conway Slams Dems On Immigration 10-09-17 (Screenshot-Fox News)
2:03 PM 02/11/2018
President Donald Trump administration counselor Kellyanne Conway said Sunday morning that she has no reason not to believe the allegations leveled against former White House aide Rob Porter.
“I have no reason not to believe the women, and a week ago I had no reason to believe that that had ever happened,” Conway told Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union.” Porter resigned earlier this month after two of his ex-wives accused him of domestic abuse.
Conway’s comments on the accusations appear to clash somewhat with those of Trump, who suggested in a tweet Saturday that, “peoples lives are being shattered” because of what he calls false accusations.
— CNN (@CNN) February 11, 2018
Porter, for his part, denied the allegations through White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders earlier this month, saying: “These outrageous allegations are simply false. I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago. And the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described. I’ve been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a coordinated smear campaign.”
Conway praised Porter for his work during her sit down with Tapper, but said the allegations lodged against him were shocking. She said that Porter did the right thing when he resigned.
“It does shock the conscience and you try to process it and you try to compare it against the person you work with,” Conway told Tapper. “I believe I saw one of his ex-wives saying that as well, that she thinks he is brilliant and he probably does a great job professionally, and that is also who we saw.”
Freedom of Speech Isn’t Free
The Daily Caller News Foundation is working hard to balance out the biased American media. For as little as $3, you can help us. Make a one-time donation to support the quality, independent journalism of TheDCNF. We’re not dependent on commercial or political support and we do not accept any government funding.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].