The year just keeps getting better for Cristiano Ronaldo who can add another award to his 2017 collection.
The footballer was named Best European Sportsperson following his brilliant 12 months for Real Madrid.
The prestigious award, handed out by the Polish PAP agency and running since 1958, is voted for by 26 international news agencies.
Over the course of the year Ronaldo won La Liga, the Champions League and the Club World Cup. He also picked up the Ballon d’Or for a fifth time.
European Sportsperson of the Year 2017 – top 10
1. Cristiano Ronaldo, football (Portugal) – 159pts
2. Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1 (GB) – 143pts
3. Roger Federer, tennis (Switzerland) – 124pts
4. Rafael Nadal, tennis (Spain) – 113pts
5. Sarah Sjoestroem, swimming (Sweden) – 75pts
6. Marcel Hirscher, alpine skiing (Austria) – 68pts
7. Laura Dahlmeier, biathlon (Germany) – 51pts
8. Mohamed Farah, athletics (GB) – 51pts
9. Chris Froome, road cycling (GB) – 50pts
10. Ekaterini Stefanidi, athletics (Greece) – 41pts
Ronaldo also won the award last year after helping Portugal win Euro 2016.
The post Cristiano Ronaldo beats Roger Federer to prestigious Best European Sportsperson award appeared first on News Wire Now.